Now that we've had major patches to the game, and many problems have been fixed, let's summarize the major fixes and what still needs to be done to have a great game!
- Civs now appear to build Aerodromes; however they still appear to build too few airplanes. Often you will see a civ have several Aerodromes, sometimes even with Hangars and Airports, but without a single airplane.
- Civs now seem to be building Neighborhoods normally. I think that was fixed.
- Embarkation and Disembarkation was fixed, very good! Same goes for strength of Embarked units.
- Battle AI is a mess. The computer manages to mount decent offenses, although it simply can't use its units efficiently. Maybe too much to ask from the AI? Defense is a complete disaster - they can never position troops right, they keep rushing suicide attackers right into our battlelines, etc. Also, the AI loves keeping his army well spread-out across its cities, and seems incapable of concentrating them into a single defensible point, even when there are obvious preparations for an attack in certain spots.
- The Submarine still has the concept problem that I outlined before. Again, it's ridiculous to shoot land units two tiles inland with ... torpedoes. Please, PLEASE, either implement a different attack animation (like the Nuclear Submarine rockets), or make it unable to attack land! Keeping in mind that the second will require to adjust the code, I think the first will be better.
- I find it plain ridiculous that the Battering Ram and the Siege Tower continue functioning against modern (post Civil Engineering) defenses! It is an obvious conceptual flaw in an otherwise well though-of technological progression. I suggest two possible solutions:
1. Replace them with a 'modern' wall-breaching device/unit, for example something like a Sapper. The function will be the same - melee units will be able to do full damage against defenses.
2. Don't replace them with anything. There are enough 'new' siege options that come online in the Modern and later Eras (ways to shoot at defenses from 3 or more tiles away, Bomber airplanes). This would make a siege more dynamic, as the besieged will have a definite target to eliminate (instead of simply , while the besieging will have to defend his siege engines or airplanes.
Of course, in both cases the functioning of pre-existing Rams/Towers will have to be cancelled, probably for any civ which has developed Civil Engineering.
- Information is still missing from Civilopedia article for individual units (many Concept articles were fixed, though). Also, there is info missing in the description of a few techs: For instance, Animal Husbandry doesn't include Deer in the resources you can Harvest; same with Bananas for Irrigation
Also, info is still not enough for completed buildings/Wonders.