Back to the list of Districts
- Lower Production cost (27 vs. 54)
- Major bonus (+2 Culture) for each adjacent Wonder and City Center.
- Standard bonus (+1 Culture) for each adjacent district tile.
- Awards 1 Envoy when completed
- +1 Great Writer, Great Artist and Great Musician points per turn.
- Buildings have slots for Great Works and Artifacts.
- Specialists add +2 Culture each
The following buildings can be constructed in an Acropolis:
- Archaeological Museum (mutually exclusive with Art Museum)
- Art Museum (mutually exclusive with Archaeology Museum)
- Broadcast Center
- Theater Square Performances: Grants Culture and Great Writer, Great Artist, & Great Musician points equal to 15% of Production used
The Acropolis is an interesting replacement for the Theater Square. It must be placed on a hill, but is cheaper to build and provides +2 Culture if adjacent to a City Center. Therefore, when settling, you should look out for spots which contain at least one adjacent Hills tile.
In ancient Greece, acropolis meant, quite literally, "upper city." And in Athens, Corinth, Argos, Thebes, and elsewhere, that's exactly what it was – a portion of the town built upon an elevated area, often a hill with steep slopes, that was eminently defensible. Should the outer walls fall to invaders, a final stand could be made in the acropolis. In time, in many places, the old acropolis became the nucleus of a sprawling new city. During the Archaic Period in Greece, as the cities grew and the threat of barbarians lessened, these old upper districts underwent urban renewal, with temples, theaters, forums, palaces, government buildings and the like replacing the humble houses, markets, barracks and squares that once occupied the summit.
|Civilization VI Districts |
Aerodrome • Aqueduct (Bath) • Campus (Observatory • Seowon ) • Canal • City Center • Commercial Hub (Suguba ) • Dam • Encampment (Ikanda ) • Entertainment Complex (Street Carnival) • Government Plaza • Harbor (Cothon • Royal Navy Dockyard) • Holy Site (Lavra) • Industrial Zone (Hansa) • Neighborhood (Mbanza) • Spaceport • Theater Square (Acropolis) • Walled Quarter1 • Water Park (Copacabana )
|1: The Black Death scenario only|