Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Detailed trait info
- Agricultural Civilizations get an +1 bonus to food in the city tile, this is generally affected by the despotism penalty.
- Towns, cities and metros settled next to a river or fresh water source will receive that +1 food bonus even under the despotism penalty.
- In addition, all irrigated desert tiles produce +1 extra food (irrigation provides a bonus of +2 food to deserts not just +1).
- All buildings marked with the flag 'Agricultural' will have their production costs halved, which effectively means they're half price or built at double speed compared to other non-Agricultural civilizations. The Agricultural buildings are Aqueduct, Solar Plants and Recycling Center. Notably Granaries, Hospitals, mass transit or other power plants are not considered for this bonus.
- Agricultural civilizations start the game with Pottery if the civilization is both Expansionist and Agricultural then it starts with Masonry as well.
The following civilizations are agricultural:
- Celts (updated in Conquests expansion)
- Iroquois (changed in conquests)
|Civilization III Strengths|
|Agricultural • Commercial • Expansionist • Industrious • Militaristic • Religious • Scientific • Seafaring|