New frontiers of discovery expand our understanding, from the tiny atom to the majesty of outer space. Mysteries long tolerated are closer than ever to revealing their deepest secrets, beyond what we can easily see. You will choose how to use this knowledge, and push back the greatest darkness we have yet faced.
The Atomic Era takes its name from the invention of the most terrible weapon known to man - the Atomic bomb. But more broadly, it also brings about the power of the atom as means of Power - the cleanest and most powerful source. It is up to you to choose how you will use that power - to produce clean energy for your cities in peace, or to destroy the enemy in war.
Another thing the Atomic Era brings is the real conquest of the skies - with improved aircraft now separated into two different classes, air warfare really becomes a very serious endeavor. And improved Support units both on land and in the air, combined with the next level of air transport technology, speed up combat even more.
As if that weren't enough, man now reaches even higher - to space. The Rocketry technology unlocks the path towards the last type of victory - the Science victory. Civilizations pursuing it will have to ensure Spaceports are constructed and guarded from the enemy, while also boosted with enough Production to complete the most complex Projects in the game - the Space Race projects.
Meanwhile the pursuers of Cultural victory also get some more trump cards up their sleeves, with Ski Resorts to attract even more tourists, while Rock Bands tour foreign lands to spread your cultural fame. The Tier 3 buildings unlocked in the Entertainment-oriented Districts also help to that goal.
Atomic Era start Edit
- When starting a game in the Atomic Era, players receive three Settlers, three Rangers, three Field Cannons, 1600 Faith (), 550 Gold, 16 Envoys and 10 Diplomatic Victory points ().
- Capital has 10 Population. All cities founded after the Capital have 6 Population.
- Each city has a Monument, a Granary, Ancient Walls, Medieval Walls, Renaissance Walls, Shrine and Temple in Holy Site, Library and University in Campus, Arena in Entertainment Complex, Lighthouse and Shipyard in Harbor, Market and Bank in Commercial Hub, Amphitheater in Theater Square and Workshop in Industrial Zone.
- Players receive an Infantry (an AT Crew in Gathering Storm) and a Builder in each city founded by one of their starting Settlers (and a Trader in the first two).
- Boosted Technologies: Combined Arms, Plastics, Computers.
- The game starts at Turn 366/500 (1945 AD) on Standard speed.
|Conservation||Have a Themed Museum.||Sydney Opera House
|Ideology||Research the Nuclear Fission technology.||Rock Band, Amundsen-Scott Research Station
Containment, Cryptography, International Waters, Second Strike Capability
Grants the ability to construct an additional Spy.
|Ideology||Build 4 Entertainment Complex Districts.||Estádio do Maracanã, Stadium, Aquatics Center, Ski Resort
|Cold War||Build an Aerodrome or Airstrip on a foreign continent.||Amundsen-Scott Research Station
Military First, After Action Reports
Allows for the transport of land units between Aerodrome districts that contain Airports.
|Cold War||Build a Spaceport district.||Integrated Space Cell|
Districts and BuildingsEdit
- Entertainment Complex/ Street Carnival
- Water Park/ Copacabana
- Industrial Zone/ Hansa
- City Center
Added in the Rise and Fall expansion pack.
Added in the Gathering Storm expansion pack.
|Civilization VI |
|Rise and Fall • Gathering Storm • New Frontier Pass|