Strategy[edit | edit source]
This pantheon is useful for wide play, such as:
- Doing semi-expansionist Religious Victory to build Holy Sites in small far-flung colonial cities to be used as healing sites for your religious army.
- Building many Commercial Hubs for Trade Route spamming.
- Building many Theater Squares for spamming Archaeological Museums for a Culture Victory.
This pantheon is also especially powerful for civilizations with a strong unique district, which is most likely the first one to be erected in a new city, notably England with the Royal Navy Dockyard, Phoenicia with the Cothon, or Mali with the Suguba. However, as most unique districts have a lower Production cost, you would not be getting the full benefit from this pantheon.
This pantheon is not so useful for conquest as there will usually already be a specialty district in the city you take over. This pantheon can also be useful for cities built mid-to-late game with a single purpose (like a city built simply to take advantage of a perfect Campus location).
Other niche strategies include:
- Combining this pantheon with Poland is useful to rush Encampments for the Culture Bomb.
- Building several districts without finishing any of them completely, then finishing them one by one. This way every district will get the 25% discount; however, it has the downside of you not getting the bonuses of the districts being finished until all are completed.
|Civilization VI Religion |
Buddhism • Catholicism • Confucianism • Eastern Orthodoxy • Hindu Dharma1 • Hinduism • Islam • Judaism • Mahayana Buddhism1 • Protestantism • Shaivism1 • Shinto • Sikhism • Taoism • Theravada Buddhism1 • Vajrayana Buddhism1 • Zoroastrianism
City Patron Goddess • Dance of the Aurora • Desert Folklore • Divine Spark • Earth Goddess • Fertility Rites • Fire Goddess • God of Creation (Atum)1 • God of Craftsmen • God of Healing • God of the Forge • God of the Open Sky • God of the Sea • God of War • God of Watery Abyss (Nun)1 • Goddess of Festivals • Goddess of the Harvest • Goddess of the Hunt • Initiation Rites • Lady of the Reeds and Marshes • Monument to the Gods • Odin1 • Oral Tradition • Religious Idols • River Goddess • Religious Settlements • Sacred Path • Stone Circles
|1 Specific scenarios only
Added in the Gathering Storm expansion pack.