A city falls into Civil Disorder when the number of unhappy citizens exceeds the number of happy citizens. Growth and production cease while a city is in disorder. Recently conquered cities are also in civil disorder for a turn.
Remedies for disorder include:
- turning citizens into entertainers
- imposing Martial Law by moving military units into the city under Anarchy, Despotism, Monarchy or Communism
- building a Temple, Cathedral, or Colosseum
- increasing the amount of trade used for Luxuries
- Attitude (Civ2): The happiness mechanic in Civilization II overview.
- Anarchy, a state of chaos throughout the entire civilization
|Civilization II |
|Conflicts in Civilization • Fantastic Worlds • Test of Time†|
Attitude (Civil disorder, We Love the King Day) • City (Capital) • Combat • Difficulty level • Espionage • Food • Gold • High Council • Luxuries • Odeo year • Pollution • Production • Reputation • Science • Spaceship • Specialists • Tax Rate • Trade • Trade route
|† Standalone remake with different graphics, units, etc|