Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise and Fall is the first expansion pack released for Civilization VI. It was released on February 8, 2018 for Windows and on July 27, 2019 for iOS.
Key features for Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise and Fall include:
- Main article: Ages (Civ6)
- As your civilization ebbs and flows, and you reach milestone Historic Moments, you will experience Dark Ages or Golden Ages, each providing specific challenges or bonuses based on your actions in-game. Rise triumphantly from a Dark Age, and your next Golden Age will be even stronger – a Heroic Age.
- Main article: Loyalty (Civ6)
- Cities now have individual Loyalty to your leadership – let it fall too low, and face the consequences of low yields, revolts, and the potential to lose your city to another civilization, or its own independence. But one civilization’s loss can be your gain as you inspire Loyalty among cities throughout the map and further expand your borders.
- Main article: Governor (Civ6)
- Recruit, appoint, and upgrade powerful characters with unique specialization bonuses and promotion trees to customize your cities, and reinforce Loyalty.
|Governor||Descriptive Names||Default Title||Additional Titles|
|Reyna||The Financier||Land Acquisition|| Level 1:
|Victor||The Castellan||Redoubt|| Level 1:
|Amani||The Diplomat||Messenger|| Level 1:
|Magnus||The Steward||Groundbreaker|| Level 1:
|Moksha||The Cardinal||Bishop|| Level 1:
|Liang||The Surveyor||Guildmaster|| Level 1:
|Pingala||The Educator||Librarian|| Level 1:
|Ibrahim*||The Grand Vizier||Pasha|| Level 1:
- Main article: Diplomacy (Civ6)#Alliance
- An enhanced alliances system allows players to form different types of alliances and build bonuses over time.
- Main article: Emergency (Civ6)
- When a civilization grows too powerful, other civilizations can join a pact against the threatening civilization and earn rewards, or penalties, when the Emergency ends.
- Main article: Timeline (Civ6)
- Review your civilization’s history at any time with the new Timeline feature, a visual journey through the Historic Moments that you encountered on your path to victory.
New Leaders and Civs
- Nine leaders and eight new civilizations are introduced. Each brings unique bonuses and gameplay, as well as a total of eight unique units, two unique buildings, four unique improvements, and two unique districts.
|Icon||Civilization||Leader(s)||Civilization Ability||Leader Ability||Unique Unit||Unique Infrastructure|
|Dutch||Wilhelmina||Grote Rivieren||Radio Oranje||De Zeven Provinciën||Polder|
|Georgian||Tamar||Strength in Unity||Glory of the World, Kingdom and Faith||Khevsur||Tsikhe|
(New Leader, not new civilization)
|Mapuche||Lautaro||Toqui||Swift Hawk||Malón Raider||Chemamull|
|Mongolian||Genghis Khan||Örtöö||Mongol Horde
All cavalry class units gain +3 Combat Strength and a chance to capture defeated enemy cavalry class units.
|Scottish||Robert the Bruce||Scottish Enlightenment||Bannockburn||Highlander||Golf Course|
New Global Content
- Eight new world wonders, seven natural wonders, four new units, two new tile improvements, two new districts, fourteen new buildings, and three new resources have been added.
|Drone||Support||Atomic||Adds +1 Range and +5 Bombard Strength to adjacent bombard strength units.|
|Pike and Shot||Anti-Cavalry||Renaissance||
|Amundsen-Scott Research Station||Modern|
|Casa de Contratación||Renaissance|
|Statue of Liberty||Industrial||
|St. Basil's Cathedral||Renaissance|
|Temple of Artemis||Ancient|
|Delicate Arch||+2 Faith and +1 Gold to adjacent tiles.||1 tile, impassable|
|Eye of the Sahara||+1 Production. When the game reaches Atomic Era it provides additional +1 Production and +3 Science.||3 tiles, passable|
|Lake Retba||+1 Production, +2 Gold and +2 Culture in the Wonder tiles; provides fresh water.||2 tiles, passable||Lake|
|Matterhorn||+1 Culture to adjacent tiles; land combat units who move next to the Matterhorn ignore Hills for the rest of the game and gain +3 Combat Strength when fighting in hills.||1 tile, impassable||Mountain|
|Mount Roraima||+1 Faith and +1 Science to adjacent tiles||4 tile, impassable||Mountain|
|Ubsunur Hollow||+2 Faith, +1 Food and +1 Production on wonder tiles||4 tile, passable||Marsh|
|Zhangye Danxia||+2 Great General and +2 Great Merchant points if you own at least one of the tiles.||3 tiles, impassable||Mountain|
|Resource||Base Yield Modifier||Improvement||Notes|
|Amber||+1 Culture||Mine, Fishing Boats||+1 Production with Mine. +1 Food with Fishing Boats.|
|Olives||+1 Production, +1 Gold||Plantation||+1 Gold with Plantation. +1 Food with Plantation and Goddess of Festivals.|
|Turtles||+1 Science||Fishing Boats||+1 Food with Fishing Boats.|
(New buildings not district)
|Government Plaza||Government||Ancestral Hall|
| Water Park ||Amenities||Ferris Wheel|
Improved Gameplay Systems
- The Government system has been enhanced with new Policies and additional improvements have been made to existing systems.
- The city-state bonuses have different requirements. Previously the level 2 (+2) and three (+4) were applied to cities for merely having the relevant district. With Rise and Fall, these bonuses are only available if the relevant buildings have been constructed. Furthermore, the level three bonus is now only +2 instead of +4.
- The statue appeared on the mountain in the promotional poster is the Discobolus of Myron, an art of the Greeks during the Classical period.
The biggest, over-arching goal [of Rise & Fall]: dynamic empires. Civilizations will rise and fall through the course of the game (as you probably figured out from the title). Borders will ebb and flow. Cities will change their loyalties. As a secondary goal, Civilization VI: Rise and Fall includes more storytelling elements – Historic Moments – that highlight the interesting turning points in your civilizations. These events happen every time you play, making playthroughs unique, while also giving them meaning in the mechanics.
- ↑ List is a modified version of the original press relase of the game located here
- ↑ https://civilization.com/news/entries/announcing-civilization-vi-rise-and-fall
- Announcement of Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise & Fall
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise and Fall on Steam
|Civilization VI |
|Rise and Fall • Gathering Storm • New Frontier Pass|
Added in the Rise and Fall expansion pack.
|Civ II||Conflicts in Civilization • Fantastic Worlds • Test of Time|
|Civ III||Play the World • Conquests|
|Civ IV||Warlords • Beyond the Sword • Colonization (Total conversion)|
|Civ V||Gods & Kings • Brave New World|
|Beyond Earth||Rising Tide|
|Civ VI||Rise and Fall • Gathering Storm • New Frontier Pass|
|Official Spinoffs||Sid Meier's Colonization • Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (Alien Crossfire) • Civilization Revolution • CivWorld • Civilization Revolution 2 • Sid Meier's Starships|
|Other games:||Freeciv • Imperialism • Civilization: Call to Power • Call to Power II • FreeCol • CivCity: Rome • C-evo • NewCol • Unciv|
|Comparisons||Comparison between Civilization games • Civilizations|