Tech and Civic Shuffle Mode
This new game mode adds variety to the tech tree, as it shuffles techs and civics within their historical eras, leading to different costs and prerequisites than normal. The resulting trees are the same for all players. Techs and civics are also hidden until a prerequisite is earned, preserving the mystery of discovery all the way until the end of the game.
Natural Wonder Picker
Sick of the Bermuda Triangle? Want to break the Delicate Arch? In Advanced Setup, you can now bring up a new menu to choose which Natural Wonders you would like to include in your next game. Wonders checked are not guaranteed to be in your next game, rather, they are part of the pool of Wonders that will then be randomly selected and placed.
Note: Items in the list below apply to the Gathering Storm ruleset only.
- New city thresholds:
- Ecstatic at 5+
- Happy at 3 to 4
- Content at -1 to 2
- Displeased at -3 to -2
- Unhappy at -5 to -4
- Unrest at -7 to -6
- Revolt at -8
- Negative amenities non-food yield decrease changes:
- Displeased -10%, was -5%
- Unhappy -20%, was -10%
- Unrest -30% (stays the same)
- Revolt -40%, was -60%
- The Theater Square now gains a major adjacency bonus with the Entertainment Complex and Water Park.
- Government Plaza Buildings
- The Naturalist unit now initially costs 600 Faith and will increase by 100 Faith after each purchase.
- Fixed issues that prevented Apostles from receiving all available promotions.
- The Appeal stat has been added to the trait section of the Districts, Terrains, Improvements, and Features Civilopedia pages.
- The text for the Acropolis district now correctly shows major adjacency bonuses for adjacent Wonders.
- Apocalypse Game Mode
- Added some bias towards getting governments with lots of wild card slots.
- Fixed an issue where the AI was overvaluing bonuses from governments for cities with governors.
- Increased desire for civics that unlock new governments. Capped desire for Theology for high Faith income civs (ensures they can move on to tier 3 or 4 governments).
- Various AI improvements.
- Governors assigned to a City-State are now displayed in the City-States panel.
- Fixed an issue that caused map selection to break.
- Various UI bug fixes and polish.
- Fixing balanced start positions choosing invalid placements.
- Added bias for starting in the center of a continent the player does not share with other majors.
- Fix crash when forming a Corps and the unit that is joining is not on the map.
- Additional crash fixes.
|Civilization VI Updates |
|Fall 2016 • Winter 2016 • February 2017 • March 2017 • Summer 2017 • Fall 2017 • February 7, 2018 • February 13, 2018 • March 2018 • May 2018 • July 2018 • February 2019 • April 2019 • June 2019 • September 2019 • May 2020 • June 2020 • July 2020 • August 2020 • September 2020 • October 2020 • November 2020 • December 2020 • January 2021 • February 2021 • March 2021 • April 2021|