Back to Civilization VI Updates
The May 2020 Update for Civilization VI was released on May 21, 2020. The update was released simultaneously with the Maya & Gran Colombia Pack. The following is a complete list of change notes.
- Updates to Diplomatic Victory
- Diplomatic Victory Points Resolution becomes +2/-2 (previously +2/-3)
- Victory is now determined upon player turn start, rather than upon receiving points.
- Players now lose Favor per turn for each occupied Original Capital.
- Aid Request penalty for pollution is doubled.
- Increased Favor penalty for pollution to -1 Favor per 3 pollution more than average (Previously per 5 pollution, capped at -20 per turn from -10).
- Anti-Air Combat Strength increased to +7 once formed into Corps and Armies (Fleets, Armadas).
- Greatly reduced the chance that City-States will spawn adjacent to Natural Wonders or on top of resources.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing aircraft based on Carriers as well as embarked units to count toward the Flanking bonus when attacking.
- Unmet players now get a visible pie wedge in the CO2 chart.
- Tweaked volcano spawn spread. Volcanoes will no longer spawn adjacent to each other. Large portions of the map are no longer skipped over. 1 volcano per continent is guaranteed.
- Tweaked mountain spawn locations for more intelligent placement.
- Palenque City-State renamed Mitla.
- Players can now manually resize the Offers and Inventory panels during trades.
- Players can now select different text sizes for the chat panel.
- Added page history trail to Civilopedia for easier navigation.
- Fixed an issue that was causing "click" sounds to play whenever a notification was auto-dismissed.
- Base unit costs and maintenance are no longer shown in the Production Panel. Production Panel now shows only the cost relevant to the city in which the item is being produced. Base values are shown in the Civilopedia as well as the Tech and Civics screens.
- Added a fix to allow Barbarian Sighted and New Camp icons to properly show in notifications.
- Fixed an issue where the Tech/Civics Tree scrollbar was being clipped by the background.
- Improved Deal and Deal Cities presentation by adding item grouping, sub-categories, and collapsing categories.
- Added icon for Reef adjacency bonus
- Altered some team colors to be more visible.
- Better dynamic sizing of various menus – Save/Load, Hall of Fame, Mods, Setup Menu
- Fixed an issue where buttons in multiple World Tracker menus have partial functionality during World Congress sessions.
- Improve Religious Belief analysis - Tends to stop Warrior Monks from always being first chosen
- Adjust importance of Great Person Points for city projects for AI to make them more competitive with other buildings for AI attention.
- Fix an issue where the AI was not always using its land ranged units to attack hostile sea units.
- Fix an issue that could cause the AI to identify a target city for a missionary based on gossip without knowing the actual location, causing the missionary to freeze in place.
- Improved coastal city ability to recruit naval units for city defense.
- Adjusted city priority to target wounded units over siege when under attack.
- Improve air attacks in operations
- Conditions changed for AI to pursue Culture Victory.
- Fixed an issue where the Diplomatic Victory displays nothing in the World Rankings when teams are enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the Scored Competition prompt would overlap the chat panel when viewing the World Tracker during a Multiplayer game.
Red Death [PC only]
- See Red Death (Civ6)
- Fixed an issue causing the Matchmaker to fail when overloaded.
- Overall improvements to AI:
- AI will more aggressively explore in the early game.
- AI will now target enemy units with nukes.
- AI will use better protection of Civilians in all phases.
- Additional fixes to improve AI play.
- Fixed an issue where nukes were applying a maintenance cost to certain units, causing them to be removed from play when the player went bankrupt.
- Updated the Diplomacy ribbon to show the eliminated players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the AI to cease attacking enemy units once they are in the final Safe Zone ring.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the AI to act too passively with ranged units.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the overlay to either not show up or show up inconsistently.
Modding [PC only]
- Advanced Mode: when placing a district, if the placement is going to fail because of a missing tech, civic, or population, auto-fix that so it succeeds.
- Placing a feature over an incompatible resource will now delete the resource.
- Fixed an issue where using the right mouse button to paint would successfully change all tiles except the tile initially clicked on.
- Plot Selector now allows changes in the rotation of an existing feature.
- Various additional UI and quality of life improvements.
- Fixed various crashes.
- Fixed an exploit allowing multiple Pantheon bonuses (e.g., infinite builders/settlers) by hitting ESC immediately after selecting a Pantheon.
- Fixed an exploit where unit Movement Speed and Combat Strength could be retained by upgrading near a Great General.
- Fixed an exploit where the same District could be built in a city multiple times.
- Fixed an exploit where a free Policy change was granted after ending a turn with a completed Civic selected.
- Fixed an issue where Great Generals Horatio Nelson and Georgy Zhukov's Retirement Abilities were incorrectly granting Combat Strength equal to the number of units a player owned.
- Fixed an issue where Neighborhoods built by Brazil were failing to gain additional Housing from adjacent Rainforests.
- Fixed an issue where the Foreign Culture Victory Imminent notification had no functionality when selected during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where the amount of Science already spent when viewing the Technology Tree during gameplay was not being displayed.
- Fixed an issue where Phoenicia was gaining multiple GDRs with Golden Age Dedication, Automaton Warfare.
- Fixed an issue where Capture Unit ability was successful even when not attacking.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect information was present when viewing the resource tooltip in the CO2 Contribution section of the World Climate menu.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect "Turns Remaining" numerical value was displayed in prompts for completed Emergencies while another Emergency Competition was active.
- Fixed an issue where Settler tooltips were not showing up.
- Fixed an issue where the Arrow Storm unit promotion was applying while defending.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Fixed various audio bugs.
- Crash fixes:
- Fixed an issue causing Mac to crash when trying to run DX12 full-screen
- Various additional crash fixes addressed.
- Multiple performance and memory improvements.
|Civilization VI Updates |
|Fall 2016 • Winter 2016 • February 2017 • March 2017 • Summer 2017 • Fall 2017 • February 7, 2018 • February 13, 2018 • March 2018 • May 2018 • July 2018 • February 2019 • April 2019 • June 2019 • September 2019 • May 2020 • June 2020 • July 2020 • August 2020 • September 2020 • October 2020 • November 2020 • December 2020 • January 2021 • February 2021 • March 2021 • April 2021|