A Communist government is ruled by a controlling party, with a single person, known as a chairman, acting as the head of state. In a true Communist system, all property is owned collectively by the people, and labor is organized to be equally advantageous to all people. This ideal has never truly been realized, however, and the "Communist" governments of the world are usually much different.
- Communism is best for large, far-flung empires that need to maintain a large military.
- Use your powerful Spies to steal technology from the capitalist pigs!
- Up to three military units in each city institute "martial law". Each of these units makes two unhappy citizens content.
Corruption and Waste
- Under Communism, state control of the economy eliminates organized crime. Your cities, therefore, experience no corruption.
- All Spy units produced under Communist governments are Veterans.
- Under Communism, Tax/Luxury/Science rates cannot be set higher than 80%.
The default title of a communist ruler is "Comrade". The Chinese Communist ruler is known as a "Chairman" (male) and "Chairperson" (female).
- Transcribed directly from Civilopedia
- Original civilopedia stated 1, but this is incorrect.
|Civilization II Governments|