- Rushbuy production
- Upgrading units
- Terraforming altitude and depth
- Using Probe Teams to capture a unit or base
There are various ways to collect Energy.
Energy is mostly collected through Terraforming.
- Solar Collector, provide +1 Energy, it can provide more Energy depending on the height of the terrain (+1 for every 1000m).
- Tidal Harness, provide +3 Energy on sea squares.
- Forest, provide +1 Energy, +1 minerals, and +1 nutrients.
- Aquifers, provide +1 Energy on each River squares.
- Boreholes provided +6 energy and + 6 minerals.
Although Energy is mostly collected through Terraforming, some terrain can provide that resource.
Rivers provides +1 Energy.
The following Landmarks: Uranium Flats, Geothermal Shallows, Pholus Ridge, Mount Planet provides an extra +1 Energy on their respective squares.
- Headquarters, +1 Energy for Capital Base.
- Hybrid Forest, +1 on forest squares (require the Tree Farm to be built prior).
- Thermocline Transducer, +1 on Tidal Harness squares.
- Recycling Tanks, +1 Energy
- The Merchant Exchange allows +1 energy for every square the tiles of the base that builds it.
From other factions
- Probe teams can steal energy from other factions.
- You can energy when you conquer another faction.
- You can borrow, trade, or export energy from other factions.
- Morgan gets an energy bonus.
- You can choose to turn every 2 excess minerals you produce into 1 energy at any base.
- Kill any native life other than fungus gives you energy.
- Environmental Economics eliminates limits on how much energy can be produced anywhere without an energy bonus on the tile.