Civilization III features six government types, with two additional (Fascism and Feudalism) added in the Conquests expansion. Each government has advantages and disadvantages. The type of government you use determines:
- How efficient your Workers are (how quickly they get their jobs done).
- How much corruption and waste affects your civilization.
- The number of citizens you can draft per turn.
- The number of military units that can be used as military police.
- The number of military units you can have before you must support them from your treasury.
List of governments
If your civilization has knowledge of more than one system of government, you can cause a revolution to usher in a new system of government.