Each citizen is either happy, content, or unhappy.
What Makes 'em Sad?Edit
What Makes 'em Glad?Edit
To combat unhappiness in your cities you can build improvements or take actions that produce happy or content Happy Faces. Each happy face changes the mood of one citizen from content to happy; each content face alters a citizen from unhappy to content.
- Build a Temple, Colosseum, or Cathedral.
- Bring assorted luxuries into the city.
- Convert some citizens to entertainers.
- Increase funding for entertainment using the Entertainment slider on the Domestic Advisor.
- Garrison military units in the city (Military Police).
- Build any of the following Great Wonders:
A city in which more people are unhappy than happy falls into civil disorder. Content citizens and specialists are ignored.
Cities that are are very happy may celebrate a We Love the King Day.