The steady hum of machinery, the acrid smell of smoke, vision clouded by ash and soot - these are the signs of changing times. The lure of scientific and cultural advancement is the engine driving your realm forward. Now your challenge is to maintain the delicate balance between earth and man, between peace and war.
The Industrial Era brings progress for your civilization on many levels: more gunpowder-based weapons (although that doesn't make real difference as of yet), the first area-of-effect buildings, new economy-related districts which finally allow your cities to grow further, powerful culture-oriented buildings and policies... And the brand new Power, ready to charge up your cities and turbo-boost their performance! Start building those Coal Power Plants or your rivals may outpace you!
Now is the moment to start managing your growing empire and direction it towards a certain type of victory (if you haven't already). The new Production boosters will allow your cities to supercharge their building and training activities - use this to enlarge your army (if you need), to build up your infrastructure and work on wonders.
The ability to form Corps and Fleets will allow militarily weaker civilizations to even the odds; and the new Military Academy - to train these new formations directly. Or, you can use them to finally outmatch your neighbors' armies and take their cities! A good military push at this point will benefit every civilization, conquering new lands and resources, and preparing it for the race towards victory.
Industrial Era start Edit
- When starting a game in the Industrial Era, players receive two Settlers, two Scouts (two Skirmishers in Gathering Storm), two Crossbowmen, 400 Faith (), 360 Gold, 5 Envoys and 4 Diplomatic Victory points ().
- Capital has 7 Population. All cities founded after the Capital have 4 Population.
- Each city has a Monument, a Granary, Ancient Walls, Shrine and Temple in Holy Site, Library in Campus, Arena in Entertainment Complex, Lighthouse in Harbor, Market in Commercial Hub and Amphitheater in Theater Square.
- Players receive a Pikeman (a Pike and Shot in Rise and Fall) and a Builder in each city founded by one of their starting Settlers (and a Trader in the first one).
- Boosted Civics: Colonialism, Nationalism.
- Boosted Technologies: Scientific Theory, Ballistics, Military Science, Rifling.
- The game starts at Turn 256/500 (1725 AD) on Standard speed.
|Build 3 Workshops||Factory, Electronics Factory (Japan only), Ruhr Valley, Coal Power Plant|
|Have The Enlightenment Civic||Oxford University|
|Metal Casting||Have 2 Forts in your territory||Field Cannon, Cuirassier|
|Kill a unit with a Knight||Military Academy|
|Build 2 Shipyards||Ironclad|
|Scientific Theory||Build 2 Neighborhoods||Medic|
|Build 2 Banks||Stock Exchange, Big Ben|
|Build a Niter Mine.||Ranger, Rough Rider, Highlander (Scotland only)|
|Mercantilism||Research the Astronomy Technology|| Ice Hockey Rink
Native Conquest, Colonial Taxes, Raj
|Mercantilism||Build 7 different specialty districts|| Statue of Liberty
Public Works, Skyscrapers
Can build Farms on Hills
|The Enlightenment||Declare war using a casus belli||Minas Geraes (Brazil only)
Open-Air Museum (Sweden only)
Grande Armée, National Identity
Opera and Ballet
|The Enlightenment||Build an Art Museum||Bolshoi Theatre
Grand Opera, Symphonies
|Colonialism||Build an Archaeological Museum||Hermitage, Zoo, Thermal Bath, Water Park, Ferris Wheel, Aquarium, Cobacabana
Reveal Antiquity Sites.
|Grow a city to 15 population||Neighborhood
Force Modernization, Military Research, Public Transport
|Nationalism||Build 2 Field Cannons||Expropriation, Military Organization, Total War|
- Naval Melee
- Naval Ranged
- Light Cavalry
- Heavy Cavalry
Districts and BuildingsEdit
- Industrial Zone/ Hansa
- Encampment/ Ikanda
- City Center
- Commercial Hub/ Suguba
- Entertainment Complex/ Street Carnival
- Water Park/ Copacabana
Added in the Rise and Fall expansion pack.
Added in the Gathering Storm expansion pack.
|Civilization VI |
|Rise and Fall • Gathering Storm • New Frontier Pass|