- Lower Production cost (27 vs. 54)
- +2 Great Prophet points per turn
- +1 Great Writer point per turn if there is a Shrine in the Lavra
- +1 Great Artist point per turn if there is a Temple in the Lavra
- +1 Great Musician point per turn if there is a worship building in the Lavra
- Expands the city's borders whenever a Great Person is used in the city
- Major bonus (+2 Faith) for each adjacent Natural Wonder
- Standard bonus (+1 Faith) for each adjacent Mountain tile
- Standard bonus (+1 Faith) for each adjacent Pamukkale tile
- Minor bonus (+½ Faith) for each adjacent District tile and each adjacent unimproved Woods tile
- A religion can be founded in a Lavra
- Religious units can be purchased in a city with a Lavra, spawning in the Lavra or if that's unavailable in the City Center
- Religious units heal in a Lavra and in tiles adjacent to it
- Specialists add +2 Faith each
Buildings[edit | edit source]
The following buildings can be constructed in a Lavra:
- Worship building (requires the appropriate Worship Belief):
Projects[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Lavra provides twice as many Great Prophet points as the Holy Site it replaces, thus ensuring that the Russians will be one of the first civilizations to found a religion even if they don't build Stonehenge. The second main draw of the Lavra is providing a point for Great Writers, Great Artists, and Great Musicians with each level of building inside. Lastly, city's borders expand each time a Great Person is activated there. This gives Russia a good incentive to build Theater Squares and focus on cultural development in its cities, attracting all kinds of artistic geniuses who can expand Russia's borders while edging it ever closer to winning a Culture Victory. This bonus also applies to tiles outside of the usual 3-tile range from the City Center after they have all been claimed. While the tiles in this expansive territory can't be normally worked, they can still host National Parks or improvements such as Forts and Missile Silos.
While most other civilizations activate their Great People in the Capital, Russia can utilize the Lavra's ability to expand the cities they need expanded, unless creating a humongous Capital is their goal. Later, the Lavra helps them acquire a lot of Great Works, so they should build many Theater Squares and fill them with buildings to accommodate all the art their Great People will produce.
Consider grabbing the Dance of the Aurora pantheon to gain a massive Faith boost, particularly combined with the Scripture policy card, and you will be well on the way to a Religious Victory. In combination with the Work Ethic Belief with your religion, you will be swimming in Production and Faith.
Civilopedia entry[edit | edit source]
In the Eastern Orthodox tradition, a lavra (such as found at Mount Athos in Greece or Neamț in Romania) is a cloistered monastery of cells for hermits with a central church and/or rectory. Perhaps the most famous is the Alexander Nevsky Lavra (trust the Russians to name a holy place after a warrior) in St. Petersburg where many eminent but dead Russians are buried – besides Nevsky, there's Euler, Suvarov, Mussorgsky, Tchaikovsky, Dostoevsky and others. Believed to have its origins in the early 4th century AD, the first lavra seems to have been a settlement of some 600 hermits around Nitria in the Egyptian desert. In the strict Eremitic tradition, these hermit-monks lived a secluded life devoted to prayer, often accompanied by vows of silence, chastity, meditation and/or fasting. Further proof of the lengths to which some of the faithful will resort to be saved.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Civilization VI Districts |
Aerodrome • Aqueduct (Bath) • Campus (Observatory1 • Seowon ) • Canal • City Center • Commercial Hub (Suguba ) • Dam • Diplomatic Quarter1 • Encampment (Ikanda • Thành1) • Entertainment Complex (Street Carnival • Hippodrome1) • Government Plaza • Harbor (Cothon • Royal Navy Dockyard) • Holy Site (Lavra) • Industrial Zone (Hansa • Oppidum1) • Neighborhood (Mbanza) • Preserve1 • Spaceport • Theater Square (Acropolis) • Walled Quarter2 • Water Park (Copacabana )
|1 Requires a DLC • 2 The Black Death scenario only|