- The Mayan civilization led by Lady Six Sky and the Gran Colombian civilization led by Simón Bolívar
- The Apocalypse game mode
- New City-states: Vatican City, Taruga, Hunza, Singapore, Caguana, and Lahore
- New Resources: Maize and Honey
- New Natural Wonders: Païtiti, Bermuda Triangle and Fountain of Youth
The Maya & Gran Colombia Pack DLC was released simultaneously with the Civilization VI May 2020 Update. The DLC is not required to get the update.
Steam Description[edit | edit source]
This new content pack introduces Lady Six Sky as the leader of the Maya and Simón Bolívar as the leader of Gran Colombia. The Maya can build prosperous city centers early in the game, supported by surrounding Farms and Plantations and protected by their unique Hul’che. Gran Colombia focuses on fast armies boosted by Simón Bolívar’s powerful Comandante Generals.
- Civ Unique Ability: The “Mayab” ability gives Maya housing and production bonuses from Farms, and Amenity bonus for Luxury resources adjacent to the City Center. Settling adjacent to Coasts or Fresh Water does not provide housing bonuses.
- Leader Unique Ability: Lady Six Sky’s “Ix Mutal Ajaw” ability lets the Maya gain yield bonuses to non-capital cities, and a combat bonus to units, within six tiles of the capital.
- Unique Unit: The Hul’che, a stronger replacement for the Archer and receives bonus combat strength when attacking wounded units.
- Unique District: The Observatory replaces the Campus and adds a minor adjacency bonus with Farms and a major adjacency bonus with Plantations.
- Civ Unique Ability: With the “Ejercito Patriota” ability, Gran Colombia receives a movement bonus to all units, and promoting a unit does not end the unit’s turn.
- Leader Unique Ability: Simón Bolívar has the “Campana Admirable” ability, granting a Comandante General when entering a new Era.
- Unique Units: Gran Colombia features two unique units:
- The Comandante General is a Great General with unique abilities, including Passive and Retire effects.
- The Llanero replaces the Cavalry. It requires less maintenance, receives a combat bonus for every adjacent Llanero and fully heals when in range of a Comandante General that activates.
- Unique Improvement: The Hacienda provides Production, Gold and Housing bonuses, and a Food bonus for each adjacent Plantation. Plantations and Haciendas receive Production bonuses for adjacent Haciendas.
- Adds Forest Fires and Meteor Showers as disaster types to all games.
- An optional, specialized game mode with exclusive rule changes:
- New disasters: Comet Impact and Solar Flares.
- Larger versions of existing disasters.
- New military unit: Soothsayer, a Support unit that can trigger natural disasters at the player’s command.
- New scored competition: Sacrifice units to volcanoes. Requires Soothsayers to use their unique action on friendly units near a volcano.
- The world enters an apocalyptic state when climate change reaches its maximum level.
New Natural Wonders:
- Bermuda Triangle. Naval units that pass through it receive a movement bonus and get teleported to another ocean tile.
- Paititi. Gold bonus on trade routes for the city that controls it, major adjacency bonus for Commercial Hubs and Theater Squares.
- Fountain of Youth. Grants units that pass it a healing buff.
- Caguana. Cultural. Suzerain bonus: access to Batey improvement, which grants Culture based on its placement.
- Singapore. Industrial. Suzerain bonus: Production bonus for each foreign trade route.
- Lahore. Militaristic. Suzerain bonus: Access to a Faith-purchased combat unit – Nihang – with a unique promotion tree.
- Vatican City. Religious. Suzerain bonus: Religious pressure spread when activating Great People.
- Taruga. Scientific. Suzerain bonus: Science bonus per strategic resource in cities.
- Hunza. Trade. Suzerain bonus: Gold bonus for trade route distance.
New achievements[edit | edit source]
The following new Steam achievements were introduced in this DLC:
Court of Itzamna
As the Maya found a settlement adjacent to 4 luxury resources.
Win a regular game as Simón Bolívar
The end of the world as we know it
Be the last person standing after comets begin falling.
To plow the sea
As Simón Bolívar activate all the Comandante Generals across multiple games.