Civilization Wiki
Advertisement

BackArrowGreen.png Back to the list of buildings

Game Info[]

Advanced growth-enhancing building. Requires Hospital.

  • 25% of the Food Food is carried over after a 20xPopulation5.png Citizen is born.

Strategy[]

The Medical Lab is a modern building that boosts city population growth in the same manner as the Aqueduct. Its 25% effect stacks with the 40% reduction of the Aqueduct for a total of 65% reduction in Food Food required for a city to grow. This could be especially useful for large cities in desert or tundra tiles which run out of options for providing food later in the game, and also for all huge cities with 20+ 20xPopulation5.png Population.

Civilopedia entry[]

A medical laboratory is an institution that studies disease and human anatomy using a wide variety of extremely sophisticated and powerful instruments - from ultrasound to cameras the size of an ant to electron microscopes. Most - if not all - of the remarkable advances in medicine in the past 25 years have been made in medical labs. These include the sequencing of human DNA, retro-viruses to battle HIV-AIDS, gene therapy, nano-technology, and more. Much of the increasing cost of healthcare can be attributed to the simple fact that medical laboratories have been remarkably successful at battling illness and prolonging and improving the quality of human life - and these improvements cost huge amounts of money.

Civilization V Buildings [edit]
Airport BNW-only.pngAmphitheater GodsKings5 clear.pngAqueductArmoryArsenalBank (Hanse BNW-only.pngSatrap's Court) • Barracks (Ikanda BNW-only.pngKrepost) • Bomb Shelter GodsKings5 clear.pngBroadcast TowerCaravansary BNW-only.pngCastle (Mughal Fort) • Cathedral GodsKings5 clear.pngCircusColosseumConstabulary GodsKings5 clear.pngCourthouseFactoryForgeGarden (Candi BNW-only.png) • GranaryHarborHospitalHotel BNW-only.pngHydro PlantLibrary (Paper MakerRoyal Library BNW-only.png) • LighthouseMarket (Bazaar) • Medical LabMilitary AcademyMilitary BaseMintMonastery GodsKings5 clear.pngMonument (Stele GodsKings5 clear.png) • Mosque GodsKings5 clear.pngMuseumNuclear PlantObservatoryOpera House (Ceilidh Hall GodsKings5 clear.png) • Pagoda GodsKings5 clear.pngPolice Station GodsKings5 clear.pngPublic SchoolRecycling Center GodsKings5 clear.pngResearch LabSeaportShrine GodsKings5 clear.png (Pyramid GodsKings5 clear.png) • Solar PlantSpaceship FactoryStable (Ducal Stable BNW-only.png) • StadiumStock ExchangeStone WorksTemple (Burial TombMud Pyramid Mosque) • TheatreUniversity (Wat) • Walls (Walls of Babylon) • Water Mill (Floating Gardens) • Windmill (Coffee House GodsKings5 clear.png) • Workshop (Longhouse) • Zoo BNW-only.png

GodsKings5 clear.png Valid only in the Gods & Kings expansion pack.
BNW-only.png Valid only in the Brave New World expansion pack.

Advertisement