Back to Civilization VI
Back to City
In Civilization VI and its expansions, a project can be undertaken in the Production queue of a city to provide some sort of benefit which doesn't include creating a permanent feature like unit, building or district.
There are now three main types of projects:
- City projects, which are more or less the same as in previous games. They are required to unlock some powerful feature, such as nuclear weapons, or perform some empire-wide task, such as launching spacecraft. They may (usually) be undertaken in all your cities (exception to this are all space-related projects, which always require an active Spaceport in the city), and need usually be completed only once. Their Production cost is fixed. You should undertake these projects only on a need-to-do basis, otherwise you will be wasting Production capacity.
- District projects, which are closely related to the new districts and Great People. They convert a city's Production into other kinds of yields while the project is active and (usually) provide points toward earning Great People when it ends. They can be undertaken as many times as a player wants in any city that has the requisite district. The Production cost of district projects scales up from a base price based on the number of technologies and/or civics a player has discovered, but this also means that their overall effectiveness goes up (as the points they produce are a function of their Production cost). District projects are a great way to boost some specific yields for a time, and also to accelerate your progress towards attracting Great People - you should use them strategically.
- Gathering Storm adds a third type of project: competition projects. These become available in all cities only after a resolution to start a Scored Competition in the World Congress has been enacted, and turn a city's Production toward increasing the player's score for the competition. The projects have fixed Production cost and are only unlocked while the relevant competition lasts. You should undertake them if you're interested in winning the relevant competition, but should always consider the other opportunities for increasing your score as well.
The various types of projects and their effects are listed in the tables below.
|AIF Training||The Great War||Extra Gold per turn|
|Repair Outer Defenses||Damaged Walls, 3 or more turns without suffering attacks||Fully restores HP of Walls around this city and its Encampment|
|Manhattan Project||Nuclear Fission||Allows Nuclear Devices to be built|
|Operation Ivy||Completed Manhattan Project||Allows Thermonuclear Devices to be built|
|Build Nuclear Device||Completed Manhattan Project||Adds 1 Nuclear Device to inventory|
|Build Thermonuclear Device||Completed Operation Ivy||Adds 1 Thermonuclear Device to inventory|
|Carbon Recapture||Industrial Zone||+30 Diplomatic Favor and -50 lifetime carbon emissions|
|Launch Earth Satellite||Rocketry|| Step 1 of Science Victory
Reveals entire map
|Launch Moon Landing||Completed Launch Earth Satellite||Step 2 of Science Victory|
|Launch Mars Habitation||Completed Launch Moon Landing||Step 3 of Science Victory|
|Launch Mars Hydroponics||Completed Launch Moon Landing||Step 3 of Science Victory|
|Launch Mars Reactor||Completed Launch Moon Landing||Step 3 of Science Victory|
|Mars Colony||Completed Launch Moon Landing||Step 3 of Science Victory|
|Exoplanet Expedition||Completed Mars Colony|| Step 4 of Science Victory
Triggers Step 5 of Science Victory
|Terrestrial Laser Station||Completed Exoplanet Expedition||This city requires +5 Power, but increases speed of Exoplanet Expedition by 1 Light Year/turn while Powered|
|Lagrange Laser Station||Completed Exoplanet Expedition||Increases speed of Exoplanet Expedition by 1 Light Year/turn|
|Bread and Circuses||Entertainment Complex|| Extra Loyalty produced by Citizens while ongoing
+20 Loyalty for this city at completion
|Campus Research Grants||Campus (or its replacement)|| Extra Science while ongoing
Extra Great Scientist points at completion
|Commercial Hub Investment||Commercial Hub (or its replacement)|| Extra Gold while ongoing
Extra Great Merchant points at completion
|Encampment Training||Encampment (or its replacement)|| Extra Gold while ongoing
Extra Great General points at completion
|Harbor Shipping||Harbor (or its replacement)|| Extra Gold while ongoing
Extra Great Admiral points at completion
|Holy Site Prayers||Holy Site (or its replacement)|| Extra Faith while ongoing
Extra Great Prophet points at completion
|Industrial Zone Logistics||Industrial Zone (or its replacement)|| Extra Gold while ongoing ( Powers city while ongoing)
Extra Great Engineer points at completion
|Convert to Coal Power||Industrial Zone (or its replacement)||Decommissions existing Power Plant and replaces it with a Coal Power Plant|
|Convert to Oil Power||Industrial Zone (or its replacement)||Decommissions existing Power Plant and replaces it with an Oil Power Plant|
|Convert to Nuclear Power||Industrial Zone (or its replacement)||Decommissions existing Power Plant and replaces it with a Nuclear Power Plant|
|Recommission Nuclear Reactor||Industrial Zone (or its replacement)||Resets nuclear reactor's age to 0, decreasing likelihood of Nuclear Accidents|
|Theater Square Performances||Theater Square (or its replacement)||Extra Culture while ongoing|
|Carnival||Street Carnival||+1 Amenity while ongoing|
|Move Capital||Cothon||Moves Capital to this city|
|Decommission Coal Power Plant||Active Climate Accords competition||Removes existing Power Plant from this city and awards points for competition|
|Decommission Nuclear Power Plant||Active Climate Accords competition||Removes existing Power Plant from this city and awards points for competition|
|Decommission Oil Power Plant||Active Climate Accords competition||Removes existing Power Plant from this city and awards points for competition|
|Send Aid||Active Aid Request or Military Aid Request competition||+50 points for competition|
|Train Astronauts||Active International Space Station competition||+30 points for competition|
|Train Athletes||Active World Games competition||+50 points for competition|
- ↑ Unique to Outback Tycoon.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The projects that are part of this step may be undertaken in any order, or even at the same time. Completing the final Mars module immediately wins the victory.
- ↑ Replaces Launch Mars Habitation, Launch Mars Hydroponics, and Launch Mars Reactor in Gathering Storm.
- ↑ Completing Step 4 launches a spacecraft that travels toward a habitable exoplanet at a base speed of 1 Light Year/turn. Victory is won when the spacecraft reaches its destination.
- ↑ Unique to Brazil.
- ↑ Unique to Phoenicia (when led by Dido).
|Civilization VI |
|Rise and Fall • Gathering Storm|