Rationalism improves the ability to use and generate Science.
- boosts Science gained from research agreements by 50% (Vanilla)
- grants +15% Science while the empire is Happy ()
- +10% Science while the empire is Happy. Unlocks building the Porcelain Tower ()
Adopting all Policies in the Rationalism tree will grant:
- +1 Gold from Science buildings (Vanilla)
- 2 free Technologies. May purchase Great Scientists with Faith ()
- a free Technology. It also allows the purchase of Great Scientists with Faith starting in the Industrial Era ().
|Secularism||+2 Science from every Specialist.||Adopting Rationalism|
|Humanism||+1 Happiness (local city Happiness in ) from every University, Observatory and Public School (Vanilla and ).
Great Scientists are earned 25% faster ().
|Free Thought||+1 Science from every Trading Post and +17% Science from Universities.||Secularism (Vanilla and )|
|Sovereignty||+15% Science while your empire is Happy (Vanilla).
+1 Gold from Science buildings ( and ).
|Humanism (Vanilla and |
|Scientific Revolution||Gives 2 free Technologies (Vanilla).
Boosts Science gained from Research Agreements by 50% ( and ).
|Free Thought (Vanilla and )|
- Main article: Social strategy (Civ5)#Rationalism
Rationalism is a worldview that looks to reason (rather than, say, faith) to explain the world. Rationalism believes that reason trumps all other ways of interpreting the world, including any data gathered by one's five senses. This philosophy can be traced back to the great Socrates of ancient Greece, and it enjoyed something of a resurgence during the 16th and 17th century in Europe, when it was explored by men like Descartes, Spinoza, and Kant.
Eighty-Eight Miles per Hour
Fully Explore the Rationalism Policy Track.