Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Choose Ruleset
- Expansion: Gathering Storm
- Expansion: Rise and Fall
- Standard Rules
- Choose Civilization
- Lets you choose which specific leader to play as or have it randomly selected. The default option is "Random Leader."
- Choose Game speed - see Speed for details.
- Online (double speed - 250 turns)
- Quick (33% faster - 330 turns)
- Standard (normal speed - 500 turns)
- Epic (50% slower - 750 turns)
- Marathon (200% slower - 1500 turns)
- Choose Map type - see Map Scripts for details.
- Choose Map size - see Map Size for details.
- Choose Game Mode - see Game Mode for details.
- Disaster Intensity - see Disaster intensity for details.
- 0 - minimal - less frequent and intense natural disasters
- 1 - light
- 2 - moderate
- 3 - heavy
- 4 - hyperreal - frequent and intense natural disasters
Advanced Setup lets you add additional AI players beyond the default amount, as well as access more comprehensive customization options:
- Start Era - see Era pages for details (starting units, gold, faith, units etc.)
- Ancient Era
- Classical Era
- Medieval Era
- Renaissance Era
- Industrial Era
- Modern Era
- Atomic Era
- Information Era
- Number of City-States
- World Age - determines ratio of highland to flatland
- Start Position
- Balanced (roughly equalized)
- Standard (variable quality)
- Legendary (great starting positions for all)
- Temperature - affects terrain distribution
- Rainfall - governs the amount of forest and wetlands
- Sea Level - ratio of water to land tiles (not available for Inland Sea)
- Low (extra landmass)
- Standard (default)
- High (extra sea tiles)
- Victory Conditions - check boxes to enable or disable any of the six victory conditions
- Turn Limit
- By Game Speed
- No Turn Limit (disables Score Victory)
- Duplicate Civilizations presence
- Duplicate Leaders presence
- Barbarians presence
- Teams presence
- Tribal Villages presence
- Teams visibility sharing
- Game Random Seed
- Map Random Seed
Game, Settler, Match
Win a regular game at Settler difficulty or harder.
Warlording Over Others
Win a regular game at Warlord difficulty or harder.
The Divine Right of Kings
Win a regular game at King difficulty or harder.
Emperor's New Groove
Win a regular game at Emperor difficulty or harder.
12 Labors of Hercules
Win a regular game at Immortal difficulty or harder.
Win a regular game at Deity difficulty.
Win a regular game on the Inland Sea Map.
Riffle and Bridge
Win a regular game on the Shuffle Map.
Win a regular game on the Continents Map.
The Taste of Victory
Win a regular game on the Island Plates Map.
Win a regular game on Fractal Map.
Here's Looking At You Kid
Win a regular game on a Duel Map.
Four Corners Offense
Win a regular game on a Tiny Map.
Win a regular game on a Small Map.
Eight is Enough
Win a regular game on a Standard Map.
Win a regular game on a Large Map.
Win a regular game on a Huge Map.
The Test of Time
Win a regular game with an Ancient Era start.
Out of the Dark Ages
Win a regular game with a Medieval Era start.
Splitting the Atom
Win a regular game with an Atomic Era start.
Through the Digital Age
Win a regular game with an Information Era start.