Strategies are obviously part of strategy games. There is some overlap between strategy and tactics.
- The main article has not been created for (or Strategies is not part of) Civilization IV
- See Corporation Strategy (Civ4)
- Main article: Strategies (Civ5)
Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Main article: Strategies (CivBE)
- Main article: Strategies (CivRev)
Civilization Revolution 2
- Main article: Strategies (CivRev2)
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Strategies is not present in (or the article has not been created for) the following games :
|Civilization II||Strategies (Civ2)|
|Civilization III||Strategies (Civ3)|
|Civilization VI||Strategies (Civ6)|
|Civilization: Call to Power||Strategies (CTP1)|
|Call to Power II||Strategies (CTP2)|
|Civilization IV: Colonization||Strategies (Civ4Col)|
Strategy, according to the 10th edition of the Concise Oxford Dictionary, is
- "a plan designed to achieve a particular long-term aim."
- "the art of planning and directing military activity in a war or battle. Often contrasted with "tactics"."
Derived meaning is "a plan so devised."
All of the games we cover are considered to be turn-based strategy games. At each turn, you employ tactics, but ideally that is part of a strategy aimed at eventually winning the game. Examples are eliminating all opponents (preferably the strongest or most advanced first) and colonizing Alpha Centauri.
Strategies differ in detail from game to game. We can list and classify them accordingly. Each article about a strategy for a game can be categorized under the specific game or group of games and under a suitable "strategy" category. When we see what articles have been written, we can gradually create categories that fit.