- "Those who lose dreaming are lost."
– Australian Aboriginal saying
Must be constructed in a coastal city.
- +50% Culture in this city.
- 1 Free Social Policy.
- Contains 2 slots for Great Works of Music which provide +2 theming bonus, if you fill the slots with Great Works of Music from the same civilization and different eras.
The Sydney Opera House is, along with Broadway, one of only two wonders which provide theming bonuses for Great Works of Music. It is therefore quite useful to players pursuing a cultural victory, though the free social policy and +50% Culture in the city will be of great benefit to players aiming at other victory conditions as well.
The Sydney Opera House is one of the grandest modern opera houses in the world. Constructed over a 20-year period ending in 1973, the Sydney Opera House is a beautiful building sitting atop Bennelong Point alongside Sydney Harbor in Sydney, Australia. Designed as a series of shells, or wings, the structure is one of the most recognizable in the world and it has come to symbolize Australia itself, in much the same way that the Statue of Liberty symbolizes the United States or the Great Pyramids symbolize Egypt. It houses an Opera Theatre, Concert Hall, three smaller venues, and a restaurant.
- In the bottom-right corner of the portrait, an appearance is made by the band The Lonely Island from their music video "I'm on a Boat."
- A P&O Cruise Liner can be seen in the background.