the article argues what type of game it is
It currently says Unlike every game in the Civilization series, Starships is a real-time strategy game. But then it list it as a "Turn-based strategy" in the infobox. So which is it? Dream Focus 21:22, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
- It's turn-based. It seems that someone already removed the RTS reference. —ZeroOne (talk) 22:35, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
I'm just curious how we get from planet to planet. What kind of FTL are we talking here? 188.8.131.52 03:06, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
- The game features two different views: one that you might call a "galaxy view" and another you might call "battle view". Both take place on a hex grid. You fly your fleet between the planets in the galaxy view, and may "drill down" to the battle view once the ships reach a planet where there's a battle available. See the videos I just added to the end of the article, they clarify the gameplay a lot. :) —ZeroOne (talk) 22:35, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
I see someone put in March 2015 as the release date. I still haven't seen anything more specific than Spring 2015 There a source for March 2015?
There is a source now http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/24/when-can-you-play-sid-meiers-starships
Victory unlocked with Beyond Earth
I change victory type linked to Beyond Earth. Is it possible to apply this change ? http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Sid_Meier%27s_Starships
Why are there so few pages?
Hello! I'm new here but have already made a minor edit.
The main page for Starships is great, but I noticed that there are few other pages about this game.
I'm going to begin fleshing out the wikia on this game, starting with the Missions. I'll first make a Missions page with a list of the missions and a mission summary.
Side note: Since each mission can also affected by random variables that are inserted when the mission is "created" I can see that a "detail" page of each mission might not be feasable or even necessary.
- To have more pages someone would have to actually play it. Its not like the other Civilization games at all. Do people who like Beyond Earth like Spaceships, or vice versa? Dream Focus 15:53, November 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Oh come on Dream Focus, don't be so dismissive... InkyDuncan, your help is much appreciated! I suppose we just haven't had many Starships players hanging around here, but I believe we do have the "Civilopedia" of the game covered, don't we?
- I've actually played Starships quite a lot, but on iPad rather than PC. As a tablet game it's very good, but on PC I tend to focus on some deeper games. What's more, I ran into an annoying bug that apparently now prevents me from getting the last few Steam achievements of the game. Not a deal breaker, I know, but still, annoying.
- —ZeroOne (talk) 20:08, November 16, 2015 (UTC)