War Machine is a 1-on-1 multiplayer scenario in Civilization VI: Gathering Storm. The scenario is set in the First World War, where one player plays with Germany and the other plays with France. There is no single player mode in this scenario.
In this scenario you take command of the armies of France or Germany during the first month of WWI. You have a massive army poised to strike, an industrial nation ready to back it up, and only 40 turns to capture or defend Paris. Can you triumph in the greatest clash of arms the world has ever seen? Or will warfare on this scale and speed overwhelm you?
The German Empire is locked into war with France, Belgium, and Britain, which are locked into an alliance with each other. Settlers and Builders cannot be trained, and Tourism, civics, religion, governments, espionage, diplomacy, and the World Congress are all disabled - this is a purely military scenario.
- French High Command (France)
- Civilization Ability: Attaque à Outrance (Infantry gain +4 Combat Strength when attacking.)
- German General Staff (German Empire)
- Civilization Ability: Krupp Innovation (Artillery gain +4 Combat Strength when attacking.)
- BEF (Britain)
- King Albert I (Belgium)
- Uses Russia's colors.
- The French's civilization ability is a expression of military philosophy during the earlier parts of World War I
Win War Machine as Germany
In War Machine, reduce and capture a full-health city in a single turn
Croix de Lorraine
In War Machine, as France, conquer Metz within 5 turns
Win War Machine as France
As Germany, win War Machine within 25 turns
With The Army You Have
Win War Machine without training any units