We Love the King Day is special event in Sid Meier's Civilization. It can occur in any size-3 or larger city with no unhappy citizens and an equal or greater number of citizens that are happy compared to content citizens.
The benefits a city receives while celebrating are as follows depends on what government a player chooses to adopt.
- Anarchy: Celebrating cities gain no benefits.
- Despotism: Celebrating cities run like those under a Monarchy.
- Monarchy/Communism/Fundamentalism: Celebrating cities run like those run under a Republic.
- Republic/Democracy: Celebrating cities increase in population by one each turn so long as food is available.
- We Love the King Day: the mechanic in other games
- Civil disorder (Civ2): When discontent becomes a problem in a city.