Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Contents[edit | edit source]
In this optional game mode, the dead don’t stay dead for long and present an ever-growing threat to the world’s civilizations.
- The Dead Don’t Rest: Every unit has a chance to respawn as a ravenous Zombie when it dies. Zombie units hunger after and attack the nearest non-Zombie unit; any units they slay succumb to the infection and respawn as Zombies themselves.
- The Living Fight Back: An arsenal of new Trap and Barricade improvements deal damage to hostile units that pass through or near them and can be built in owned or neutral territory. Zombies’ obsession with brain-banquets and digestive-devastation means they can only fall victim to these improvements and never pillage them.
- Humanity Takes Control: Two new projects allow civilizations to temporarily subjugate Zombie units within a city’s limits, putting them under player control. The “Holy Site: Turn Undead” project unlocks early, but controls Zombies only briefly. The “Campus: Dark Signal” project unlocks later in the game, but grants additional turns with which to command Zombies’ mindless mayhem. Meanwhile, the “Zombie Outbreak” spy operation attempts to spawn Zombies on worked tiles in another player’s city.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Base-game improvements changed[edit | edit source]
- Fort, Roman Fort, Pā, and Vampire Castle deal minor (10 HP) damage to hostile units passing through it.
- Alcázar deals moderate (15 HP) damage to hostile units passing through it.
- Great Wall deals minor (10 HP) damage to hostile units passing through or adjacent to it.
Related achievements[edit | edit source]
|Civilization VI Game modes |
|1 Requires a DLC|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.